C&G baby club FAQs
How can I get a C&G baby club limited edition baby grow?
Unfortunately, our limited edition #LoveDon’tJudge baby grow giveaway has now finished. Join our baby club today to receive helpful emails packed with no nonsense advice. Also take a look on our website to see how you can access our careline offering judgement free support.
Why haven’t I received my limited edition baby grow yet?
There are a few reasons why you might not have received your limited edition baby grow yet.
Firstly, you need to make sure you have registered to join our baby club directly from our website, not via a third party site.
You or your partner also need to be either expecting a baby, or have a baby under 12 months old.
Finally, you need to have provided your address when you joined our club and have opted in to receive post from us. Please log in to your account, to check all your details are correct.
How can I get a free 5 Step Weaning Plan?
Our 5 Step Weaning Plan has proved to be such a hit that it’s now available to all of our club members! To get yours simply join our club today and login to your account to download your free copy (we’re no longer making printed copies so we can save a few trees).
If you’re already a member, login to your account and download your free copy right away.
Weaning is recommended at around 6 months. Please speak with a healthcare professional before introducing solid foods.
How to make a bottle
As easy as 1, 2, 3… your step by step guide
Looking for a simple, step by step guide on how to prepare baby formula? Then you’re in the right place. A good place to start is to check the instructions on your formula pack, which you should always follow before you start to make your baby’s feed. After all, there are lots of different ways to bring up a baby, but only one way to safely make a bottle of formula milk, and here’s how:
- Wash your hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers’ instructions.
- Boil 1 litre of freshly run water. Leave the kettle to cool for 30 minutes and no longer. Measure the required amount of water (refer to feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle. Be careful of scalding. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using the scoop provided, level off the powder with a clean knife or the built in leveller if provided. Do not press/heap the powder.
- Add the correct measure of powder to the water (please refer to the pack instructions). Adding too many or too few scoops can be harmful. Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake immediately, vertically and vigorously for at least 10 seconds, until the powder is dissolved.
- Cool under running tap. Check the temperature of the feed. Feed immediately.
Breastfeeding is best for babies and provides many benefits. It is important that, in preparation for and during breastfeeding, you eat a varied, balanced diet. Combined breast and bottle feeding in the first weeks of life may reduce the supply of your own breast milk, and reversing the decision not to breastfeed is difficult. The social and financial implications of using an infant formula should be considered. Improper use of an infant formula or inappropriate foods or feeding methods may present a health hazard. If you use an infant formula, you should follow manufacturer’s instructions for use carefully – failure to follow the instructions may make your baby ill. Always consult your doctor, midwife or health visitor for advice about feeding your baby.